Has poms in oz had its day

Jake max

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, Almost everyone on here is fantastic, even when I'm not looking for information we have the craic.

I don't think it has run it's course and I can see myself using the site for information and fun for many years to come. I realize I dip in and out depending on how busy I am, but I don't think I would want to leave.

The people have been so fantastic to me, I also feel I need to stick around to offer advice/help to people if I can, although at this moment in time I don't know much about the migration process.

I think that once I move back to Aus I will stop using the site or maybe even before. I've found some really useful info on here and there are some very helpful people. But unfortunately, as with all forums, there are a number of people on here (you could either class as trolls or just sad and bitter) who post so much crap it ruins the site.

How do you find poms in oz now would you still use the site once you have found out the information

you require ?

I still use it and not just for info. I've gotten to know a few people though here, find some non migration topics interesting and so on. I didn't sign up solely because I was migrating anyways.

Has it run its course or is it still useful for?

No, its not run its course. I've found all the info I require, on here and elsewhere. PIO wasn't/isn't my only resource for making the move to Aus. I'm sure it will be useful in the future once I am living in Aus for no end of things.

Is the information on offer reliable has it helped?

The migration info help I was given by others here was fab. And it was spot on.

I think that once I move back to Aus I will stop using the site or maybe even before. I've found some really useful info on here and there are some very helpful people. But unfortunately, as with all forums, there are a number of people on here (you could either class as trolls or just sad and bitter) who post so much crap it ruins the site.

I agree with that it is easy to say ignore them but some people just add to a thread with no other reason than to spoil it and pee people off.... Everyone has an opinion and that is fair enough but surely they are smart enough to realise when they are being offensive.... I don't think it has run its course but it does seem like there are more people just out for a reaction than there used to be.... We have found it very helpful when going for our visa and will still use the site to see how people are getting on.... And we still love to hear when a visa is granted....

A few halfwits out of thousands of members is no big deal,has it run its course?no,look at how many members there are and growing.

I doubt i'll get to aus now,IF i did tho,i'd stay on here and try and give a bit back for the help i'd received on here,just seems right

If everyone left the site once they had received the advice they required then there would be no one left to give the advice. I like to hang around to try and help others making the move and to join in with some of the general chat that goes on.

I originally jumped on board for the info and help. But I must say I've really grown to enjoy the site and a lot of the banter that goes on. There's a good few members who quite happily help others from their own experiences and this is another part of why I have no intension of leaving the site, even if/when I make the big move. Anything I've learned along my journey I'll also happily share. I love CTF and I think this part of the forum adds a great extra dimension.

No way as it run it's course

They're new members joining all the time for advice and as long as this happens I'll most likely stick around to try and offer my help

There is a minority of members who seem to like conflict

I try to avoid these members until they hit something close to me and I have my say

Long live pomsinOz

Stayed faithful for a long time. Had good support and advice when needed, although I think the advice given on the immi site needs careful thought as it's very difficult for well intentioned posters to know all the up to date facts.

will stay on at least till Tuesday as it's pelting down with rain here on the Sunny Coast and I will be bored!!!

Guest The Pom Queen

Well two years back we had 21,000 members we are nearly at 68,000 so no I don't think so. I just wish people who do get help from this site would stay around to help others and give something back.

Guest The Pom Queen
A few halfwits out of thousands of members is no big deal,has it run its course?no,look at how many members there are and growing.

I doubt i'll get to aus now,IF i did tho,i'd stay on here and try and give a bit back for the help i'd received on here,just seems right

You are staying here whether you get to Oz or not :mad:

we've been in Australia for a couple of months now, and i find i log in now more than i did in the uk!

its not about the questions, more about the people, i guess you bond a little and wonder how people are doing.

seems weird as its just words on a screen, but it plays on your mind!

love the PIO!

As a newbie on the site, I see it has potential to be somewhere i linger once I've got what I need in terms of info re. a move.

.....pointing out the obvious maybe, but those who left the site once they got the info they wanted, or because they thought it had run it's course, won't be here to answer the OP's questions.

It's definately not had it's day. It's changing all the time - new members moving to aus, and old members that come and go or some stick around to help the newbies out. And you have the inbetweeners like me who aren't quite moving to aus but still enjoy the site! When I first joined there were annoying members out to dissuade people from aus or just to cause an argument but you get that now still, luckily there aren't that many and normally the mods and admin get rid if it causes too many problems. I like to think poms will be around for years more yet! Without it I probably wouldn't have gone to aus in the first place and certainly wouldn't have met my partner.

Hi, poms in oz has been extremely helpful to our family -before we came out and since. I cannot rate it highly enough. We have made some good friends too. I go on it for advice/a browse/curiosity and always end up spending more time on it than I intended!